Nearby Cities
Popular Cities
Other Cities

News & Articles View all

CBSE budges to the pressure: extends limitation period for changes in Class X and XII marks card from existing one year to five years

Finally, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) budged to one of the major demands of the students' fraternity. In a big relief to the thousands of students, the board has decided to extend the limitation period pertaining to the change in the name, father/ mother's name, date of birth and other details in the marks card from existing one year to five years. As per the latest decision which will be applicable to all the Std X and XII batches since the academic year 2015-16, the students can apply for a change in the information within five years of the date of result announcement.


According to the latest decision which has been notified through a gazette publication, errors in the mark cards made at various levels could be brought to the notice of the CBSE authorities within the five years and students can seek appropriate changes.


According to the circular issued by the CBSE authorities, in the year 2015, it was decided that correction in the date of birth and correction in the name of the candidate, mother and father name shall be entertained by the Board only within one year of the date of declaration of the result. But based on the requests made by the candidates now the CBSE has decided to revise this time period. As per the revised time limit, five years from the date of declaration of result the changes will be allowed and it will be applicable to all batches after Class X/XII 2015 examination onwards.


According to the sources in the CBSE, all these years, the board was not accepting applications beyond the one-year deadline. "Generally it was the class X students who have been affected by this issue as they were coming to know about the errors only when they get promoted to the Std XII. By the time they realize the mistake, it was too late. But henceforth students will not face such issues," said a senior officer from the CBSE examination section in New Delhi.

Want help with admissions?